Fresh Dandelion Pesto
* 1 large bunch of dandelion greens, washed and roughly chopped
* 1/2 cup of walnuts* 1/4 cup of olive oil * 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese * 5-6 cloves of garlic, peeled
* salt to taste
* French bread or crackers to spread pesto on
1. Blend all of the ingredients together in a blender or food processor until texture is smooth and creamy. Add a dash of water if you need the pesto thinner.
2. To make crostinis for your pesto, toast the slices of french bread or use the crackers as the base.
3. Spread with a thin layer of dandelion pesto, and top with a slice of machego, parmesan or romano cheese.
4. Warm in oven for 10 minutes until cheese is melted.
5. Serve and Enjoy!