Fried Dandelion Flowers
* 2 cups of fresh dandelion greens
* 2 cups of potatoes * 2 hard boiled eggs (coarsely chopped after) * 2 spring onions (scallions), whites and greens, chopped
* 1 tbsp. pickled dandelion buds (regular capers can be substituted) * 2 tbsp. fresh mint leaves, coarsely chopped
* 3/4 cup canola or olive oil
* 1/4 cup vinegar (lingonberry, white balsamic, or Dandelion Vinegar )
* 1/4 tsp. salt * 1/4 tsp. black pepper
* 1 tsp. caraway seeds
* fresh dandelion blossoms to garnish
1. Place the dandelion leaves in ice water to cover and allow to sit for 1-2 hours. Drain, then dry.
2. Thoroughly scrub the potatos and then place in a pot with enough water to cover by 1 inch.
3. Bring potatos to a boil, then reduce heat to a steady simmer and cook until fork-tender (about 20-25 minutes).
4. Drain, and cool to room temperature, then cut into quarter sized pieces.
5. To prepare the viniagrette, whisk together the oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and caraway seeds.
6. Lightly toss together the dandelion greens, potatos, hard-boiled egg pieces, onions, pickled dandelion buds, and mint leaves in a large bowl.
7. Drizzle the viniagrette to taste and serve.